Monday, May 2, 2011

TUESDAY 110503

WOD







"McGhee"

Rounds in 30 min of:

5 Deadlifts 275/185
13 Push-ups
9 Box jumps, 24/20 inch box

Corporal Ryan C. McGhee, 21, was killed in action on May 13, 2009 by small arms fire during combat in central Iraq. He served with 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment of Fort Benning, Ga. This was his fourth deployment, his first to Iraq. Ryan was engaged to Ashleigh Mitchell of Fredericksburg, VA. He is survived by his father Steven McGhee of Myrtle Beach S.C., his mother Sherrie Battle McGhee, and his brother Zachary.

First posted 15 April 2010


Great Work Today. Fun To See All The People Climb The Rope

8 comments:

  1. 17 rds+5 deads+3 push ups, rx
    Wow, what a wod! Fun one for sure. Jen and I were neck and neck the whole time. All the ladies in the 9:30 class kept moving the whole time, good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 15 rds+5 deads+4 push ups.(115#)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I decided to stay late yesterday and work on one of my many weaknesses. It just so happened to be deadlift. A few reps in Sam says you might want to take it easy tomorrow is going to be a tough one.
    I'm going to have to agree with him on that, especially when you deadlift the day before!

    My first hero wod - 16 rounds + 6 box jumps (205#) I had the pleasure of watching Doc crank out almost 18 rounds. The man is a machine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so... lets just say that this was a toughy for me, and it was even modified!
    14 rnds + 5 lunges + 2 pushups.

    subbed 40lb weighted lunges for deads, girly pushups for regulars and 10 calories on the bike for the box jumps. definitely got my heart pumpin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wondering when we are having a Paleo Saturday BBQ to celebrate sectionals?? Good wod today! Been tired ever since. 14 rds plus 7 box jumps 135# Pushups were hard. I kept thinking rest during box jumps. How weird does that sound? haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. 17 Rds plus 12 pushups. 225lbs. I was stoked that I completed all off the dead lifts unbroken (which probably really means that I should have used more weight).
    Thanks Matt. It will not be too long til you are consistently kicking my a**!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun workout. Always goods to train side by side of mimi. 185 is heavy for me with that kind of volume, and mimi defintley kept me going strong on those :-)

    17 rnds plus deads. HS (just had to add that)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 11 rd+ 3 deads, Rx that's a lot of weight, tuff WOD

    ReplyDelete